Python tools for oceanography and marine sciences
Tutorials and documentation
Packages and libraries
- PyDOM | Implements various diagnostics for NEMO ocean model output.
- OCTANT | Ocean C-grid model setup and analysis toolkit. Tools for ROMS and GETM. Replaces PyROMS.
- OOFE | Python engine to control the daily execution of ocean model ROMS in operational mode
- soda2roms | Creates climatology, initial, and boundary files for ROMS
- ttide_py | A direct conversion of Matlab’s T_Tide to Python (from Mitchell O’Flaherty-Sproul)
- UTide | Python distribution of the MatLab package UTide (from Wesley Bowman)
- PySeidon | Standardized numerical toolbox gathering specific analysis functions for measured and simulated data (FVCOM model) to the EcoEII partners
Other Ocean tools
- Python-Oceans | Various scripts and functions from rsignell and ocefpaf
Scientific visualization and data analysis
Other websites with lists of links
Other websites of interest
- PyAOS | Python for Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences (Johnny Lin)